Terms of Service
AssistAR to Users
Service user terms
Important information about what these terms cover
AssistAR uses Remote Visual Assistance Technology to connect you to an expert. Using augmented reality, your expert can help you to resolve a problem without having to be there.
These terms apply to your use of the assistAR platform, they do not apply to your contract with an expert which includes any advice or help an expert provides you. Experts are not controlled by, part of or connected to assistAR, they are independent third parties and your contract for services is directly with the expert, not assistAR.
assistAR does not provide help or advice. We may provide information about pricing or the help experts may provide but this only for your information and you may decide not to follow it. We do not assess expert’s suitability, experience or ability to provide the service. We do not guarantee the service you will receive is as described, meets your needs, is safe, accurate or up to date. We do not guarantee that an expert will be able to fix or resolve any problem you have. We do not dictate the prices experts charge.
We may help resolve disputes between you and an expert but we are not in control of the actions of either party and it is not within our control to pay you compensation for any loss caused by an expert as a result of your use of assistAR. You must seek redress from the expert.
Who we are and how to contact us
www.assistar.co.uk is a site operated by Hostcomm Ltd trading as assistAR (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05113945 and have our registered office at Office 2 – The Old Convent, 8 Broad Street, Ottery St. Mary, Devon, England, EX11 1BZ.. Our VAT number is 837980773.
To contact us please send an email to [email protected].
By using our site you accept these terms
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- If you purchase services via assistAR or you are an expert providing services via assistAR the standard terms of business between experts and service users apply. These are the contractual terms between service users and experts when service users obtain help and advice from an expert. These terms can be read here.
- If you are an expert using assistAR to provide services to service users, our standard terms of business between experts and assistAR apply. These are the contractual terms which apply to experts’ access to assistAR. These terms can be read here.
Payments for services
When you purchase services you make payment to the expert via our website
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected].
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains content or links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, this is provided for your information only and should not be interpreted as approved by us. We have no control over that content.
Expert and User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about the services or an expert, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
This section explains our liability for your use of our website (for example if you have a problem accessing our site or with the accuracy of content provided by us rather than an expert).
We are not responsible for experts. Please read the section Important information about what these terms cover, in the section titled Important information about what these terms cover, which explains in more detail our contract with you and the standard terms of business between experts and service users which set out your contract with experts. These terms can be read here.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you by experts, which will be set out in the standard terms of business between experts and service users. These terms can be read here.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media including to promote the site or the service;
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for other users, partners or advertisers to use the content for their purposes.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?